Monday, November 18, 2013

Miscellany and Chickens

I saw Dr. V on Friday. We added Prozac back into my cornucopia of pharmaceuticals. Hey I guess what ever keeps me alive. I have to take it with my Celexa for a couple of weeks to give it a chance to start working. It takes time for the medicine to build up in your brain and begin working. So, I begin the long process that leads to relief. It will be a long haul. The good doctor only gave me 20 mg. I was on 60 mg of Prozac when he changed my meds. I will need to build back up to the 60 mgs. I have to do it slowly or risk screwing up my system really badly. I hate this long wait because I know what it feels like to feel good. I hate to wait.

I have finally started my garden. That should keep me distracted. I bought plants. The puppy ate over half of them so Mike had to buy me new ones. I have tomato, strawberry, jalapeƱo peppers, and lettuce, so far. They are doing well and growing fast. I will be expanding the garden soon. I have heirloom seeds on order. I can’t wait to start cultivating them. I’m using a technique to start them that I learned in kindergarten. How funny is that? I can’t believe I still remember but the technique works great. I have already started some herbs that way. We’re on our way to becoming a little more self sufficient. Next I want chickens.

My friend R has a couple of chickens that produce eggs for her and her husband. Chickens are relatively easy to keep. I just need Mike to build me a coop. Unfortunately he has way too much going on right now. So, I guess the chickens will have to wait. He is working a crazy amount of hours lately. I worry about him. I’m glad that he had a chance to relax this weekend. He has been doing 70 hour weeks and was supposed to work Saturday and Sunday of this weekend. His company decided he had too many hours already and cancelled the weekend shifts. We could use the money but seeing him relax and enjoy himself is priceless.

We pretty much started celebrating on Friday when he got home and quit early Sunday evening. We had a great weekend with friends constantly in and out. We spent Sunday with a couple of friends and had a wonderful time. H, thanks for the awesome dinner you cooked. Now it’s back to the grind with each of us putting in tons of hours at our respective jobs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment