Friday, August 2, 2013

“Don’t let your tongue get your teeth knocked out”

So, someone got their panties in a wad over what I wrote yesterday. Consequently, I won’t be mentioning my mother’s son again after today. All I can say is that what I wrote is true and it’s not like it’s the first time he has threatened me and probably won’t be the last. Such is life. He drifts in and out of it every couple of years. As of last night when he sent me the text that is the title of this blog (or really as of a couple of years ago when he threatened to kill me) he is dead to me. I hope all his teeth fall out.

From now on I’m just going to tell random stories that probably won’t include much of about my family. It’s better that way. I don’t want to hurt anyone’s tender feelings.

I was looking at pictures the other night and I came across some old work pictures from when I and J did a Foreign Object Debris walk down of the launch pad when the Space Shuttle Atlantis was on the pad. We were really just joy riding. There was no debris to pick up. We had awesome jobs back then. We took a ton of pictures. I was trying to get a close up of J next to the orbiter when over the loud speaker came, “Attention on the 195 foot level, step away from the vehicle.” We laughed so hard. We got busted by one of the many cameras on the pad. Leave it to us, the bad girls of the space program.  That was a really fun time. The picture on my blog was taken that day. We were invited into the “white room” by the Pad Rats and had our pictures taken. The “white room” is the room where the astronauts enter the hatch of the Shuttle. We asked but they wouldn’t let us crawl into the vehicle. Hey, if you never ask the answer will always be no. Anyway, I had been in the crew cabin several times, but J had never been. It was not long after that trip that our boss decided we were too powerful a team and separated us by moving J to a different building. You see it was us against the old people we worked with and apparently we were having too much fun because we were constantly being ratted out for something we had done. We took our actual jobs very seriously and were good at them therefore; we had a lot of down time to goof off. I miss those days. J is aces in my book and I really miss working with her.

1 comment: