Friday, August 9, 2013

Paperwork and Beer

So, the whole pharmacy thing was a bust. I got to Walgreen’s only to find out that the person who talked to Mike made a mistake and that the savings would be $152 off of 600 plus dollars for one prescription. Holy shit! I did much better scoring a generic brand for $242 a month. That is still a lot of money that I don’t have, but I had to pay for it. My brain needs it. The people that work at Walgreens gave Mike a number for me to call the drug manufacturer to inquire about any programs they have to help me. The telephone number directed me to a web site where I had to complete, print out, and mail a form to Pfizer to participate in one of their low cost script programs. Then this morning a friend told me about a site called www.prescriptionhope.com . They provide assistance to the poor in obtaining medication. On there I found another form to fill out and mail in. Unfortunately, I’m out of black ink in my printer so that will have to wait.

Overall, I feel pretty good today. I’m on a much more even keel even though I am having lawn equipment issues again. They’re not so much lawn equipment issues as they are compressor issues. Mike used the compressor the other night and the pressure has built up really high. I don’t know how to relieve said pressure so that I can affix the hose to the compressor so that I can blow up the tire on the lawn mower. We need a new tube for the tire. No money for that so, I just keep blowing it up. I get a lesson tomorrow morning on how to properly work the compressor. Tomorrow I will mow the lawns. I feel like I have said that everyday this week and still haven’t completed the task. I will do it tomorrow damn it. If it is the only thing I do, I will get it done. That is, if I wake up early enough. I have to do it before work at noon. As I don’t drink anymore, so I should be able to wake up with plenty of time to spare.

I quit drinking (for the most part) 109 days and 44 pounds ago. I have had beers since then, but have been sick in bed the next day for the entire day. I simply can’t handle alcohol anymore. I used to be able to go beer for beer with Mike; not anymore. I can drink maybe six and then I feel like shit the whole next day. I guess the fact that I can't drink alcohol is not a bad thing. I have lost a ton of weight. That is a plus because the reason I quit drinking is because I quit cigarettes and people usually gain weight when the quit cigs. I don’t miss smoking at all. I smell better, I feel better, I look better. But, I miss beer. I love beer and all its foamy goodness. I truly heart beer. L

1 comment: